Decorate a spring hat or basket in a creative way and win prizes! Categories for Everyone.
The Fuquay-Varina Woman’s Club, in conjunction with the Fuquay-Varina Arts Center, is pleased to announce their Annual Easter Parade Basket/Hat decorating Competition. We are thrilled to offer this family-fun tradition and look forward to seeing amazing creative minds and artistic skills with decorating baskets or hats on display this year!
All funds raised from this event will support the Fuquay-Varina Woman’s Club and its mission of supporting our local Fuquay-Varina community through volunteerism and scholarships.
The entries will be on display March 20th until April 1st, at the Fuquay-Varina Arts Center in downtown Fuquay-Varina. You may walk through the Arts Center Gallery during normal hours of operation, Monday, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and Tuesday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. or when you are visiting the Arts Center for classes or activities! We will announce the winners on April 1st.
We will also photograph each entry and publish them on our Fuquay-Varina Woman’s Club Facebook page.
- ADULT: 14+
- YOUTH (Age 8-13)
- CHILD (Age up to 7)
HOW TO REGISTER
- Fill out the online registration form found here with payment. The registration and payment deadline will be Wednesday, March 15, 2023.
- Please print out or screen-shot as the confirmation of your registration to present at drop-off on March 17-18 at the Arts Center.
Entry Fee is $10.
Please pay through Eventbrite link OR mail check to Fuquay-Varina Woman’s Club, care of the club’s Treasurer at 602 N. Ennis St. Fuquay-Varina NC 27526
We want this to be FUN, so we don’t have a lot of guidelines.
- Only one entry per participant. If you enter an individual category, all work should be completed solely by the participant. However, for minors, parents should supervise to ensure the participant’s safety.
- Entries should not have political, violent, or obscene elements.
- Everything above the base of the entry must be composed completely under the cost of $75.
- Entries should be placed on a solid base, no larger than 24”L x 24”W.
- At check-in, entrants will receive an identification number, which will be displayed with their entry.
A panel of Fuquay-Varina community representatives will judge each of the entries. We will award a 1st and 2nd place prize in each of the categories: adult, youth, child and family/group. Participants may only place in one judging category. Judging categories will be placed in order of judge’s choice and people’s choice. Highest place prevails.
For the “Judges Choice” the entries will be judged on five criteria:
- Overall appearance
- Neatness and precision
In addition, we want to hear what you think! Vote for the People’s Choice Award
People’s Choice Award is decided by visitors dropping some money as a vote in the box in front of each entry. The entries garnering the most money in their box by April 1st will be the People’s Choice winner for that category.
Photos will be shared on the Fuquay-Varina Woman’s Club Facebook.
The completed entries for display should be dropped off at the Fuquay-Varina Arts Center the week of March 17th or 18th, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
If there are any issues with once the entry is dropped-off at the Arts Center, staff will make efforts to contact the builder so that repairs can be made; all repairs must be made at the Arts Center and may not alter the look of the entry.
The Fuquay-Varina Woman’s Club would like to thank the Fuquay-Varina Arts Center, with their assistance and for hosting the Easter Parade event.